Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2/20/13

Today in Western Civilization we went over an outline on Chapter 3 that Mr. Schick created. It was pretty interesting and I think I understood the material well. We talked about Greek city-states, their boats, the Sea People, a little about the Dark Ages, and the Early Europeans. The thing I found most interesting was how they built their boats. They built kind of like a tip on the front of it so they could ram into other boats and either knock the boat over, stick a hole in the boat, or just injure some people and get close enough to either go hand to hand combat or set the enemies' ship on fire. We also talked about the oars and how they needed I think around 170 people to just row one boat. We ended on that note. I also thought the Sea People were interesting. The "Sea People" conquered the Mycenaeans but there isn't a lot known about them. That makes me really curious! I'll have to look up some stuff about it to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment